Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My First "Plarn" Experience

I've been anxiously waiting for some yarn that I ordered over eBay to come in so that I can start my next knitting project. In the meantime, I decided to try something a little different.

I stumbled across this knitting pattern (via Ravelry.com) for a shopping bag made entirely of used plastic supermarket bags. I started last night and this is my progress so far:


How fun! I used the "Loop Method" for creating "plarn" (yarn made of plastic bags). This method is recommended because the yarn is two-ply and thus sturdier than other one-ply plarn. It was my first time trying an "in the round" project so I've learned a lot (this tutorial was helpfull). I messed up a lot but fortunately this bag doesn't need to look pretty. If I were to ever do this again, I think I'd use smaller needles.

You can view my Ravelry profile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment